Turkish. Why Turkish?
I know, it's good to know as many as possible, but seriously, Turkish!? Here's the short story: (HEY! TL;DR at the bottom!)
Back in 6th grade, my classmates and I had to vote. We chose our 2nd foreign language. We could choose between Arabic, German and Turkish. 80% of them chose Turkish because they thought it was cool and good to know. The other 20% knew what's really good for us: German.
As it turned out, it was only good to know, nothing else. It's not cool, I don't like it that much.
It's quite limited sometimes, due to the lack of prepositions, and:
English is SVO, and verbs always go last in Turkish. Very inconvenient.
I'm not saying it's bad, I actually met a friend because of it.
I'm just saying it was a mistake. I mean, there are Turks in Germany, a lot of them.
Just like every other class did, my class should've chosen German. It's so much more useful, and easier than Turkish. Deutsch ist leicht
And then, oh my God! Awful, it was just awful. I was rounding up C's and B's and sometimes an F in Turkish. I barely got it concluded with a B in 6th grade.
In 7th grade, I started out terribly, with an F. The old teacher was replaced by a new one. So, we were walking down the stairs, and us 2 had a discussion about my success in school. Darn, what a plot twist right there!
I was actually becoming better over time. Not just in Turkish, but every other subject. My GPA in 6th grade was 4.15, and in 7th grade it was 4.75. Massive plot twist.
Of course, that was my ex-crush's fault. I loved her so much I changed myself from the ground-up.
But I still didn't know the basics in Turkish. Especially numbers, colours, days and months. I was hiding that from everyone. I had A's in Turkish, but I was hiding my lack of knowledge.
Fast-forward to 9th grade, I am still getting A's in Turkish.
Since this is my last year in elementary school, I'll say goodbye to Turkish.
Why? Because we have German in high-school!
Yup, this last school year, and then I'm over with elementary school. Finally. Next stop: a gymnasium in Stolac
About the part with my former love, I actually danced waltz with her on Wednesday. I couldn't believe I was so close to her.
I am no more in love with her, because I have a beautiful, tall, imaginary girlfriend who is a fox-girl (therefore, she's literally furry). Better than nothing, I guess.
(I think I got the name right, waltz, we just say "valcer" (vaal-tser))
Regarding her (not the imaginary GF), I think we just need to hang out a little bit, because she is still "held back" by the 6th-grader me. I have changed ever since, she should know.TL;DRI ramble about how choosing Turkish (as a 2nd foreign) was a mistake. In high school I will have to learn German from start, although I can read it, and I know a bit of it.
And, here are the other ones I know:
Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Russian (malo i ploho) and Spanish (Y no hablo espanol). Turkish and German are already mentioned, and English is just so obvious.
And for you Turkish-speakers! I really apologize if I hurt you. Your language is really fun and interesting to learn. In Bosnian we have many Turkish words: karpuz - karpuza, yastik - jastuk (I know, it's the "soft I") and so on...
I just think it's not that useful in the EU countries as German. But hey, Turkish found me a friend (who is a mapper), so...