We're going to get a competition going, and you guys are going to vote on what you guys want. Here's how this is going to work:
-You guys will put up ideas in this thread, while I will keep this first post as updated as I can.
-The ideas that I discourage will have italicized comments next to them, usually for requiring too much custom content. (That kind of thing is entry prohibitive)
-This competition will be goldsource + source, so dont put in an idea that can be accomplished in one but not the other. (IE: no Xen landscapes or physics bonanzas)
-After a week or so of taking ideas, you will all vote on that I've locked in. (I don't want to change votes back/forth as new ideas come in)
-Once we vote, I expect the votes to be pretty divided. Ill take the three ideas with the most votes and we'll do a re-vote on those.
If a tie-breaker should happen, we might have to re-vote again. -_
-After we decide on a theme we'll get a competition page up.
Since this thread is basically dead, we shall begin voting!
Our goal here is to carve down the ideas that we're interested in to make a final vote afterwards.
When you say your vote, please include the number. Once your vote has been counted, I will make it purple so I don't get confused.
Ideas so far:
1) Map an adventure. -- A little generic -- Votes: 0
2) Map hell. -- Votes: 0
3) Map heaven. -- I think both engines would have a hard time filling the clean and flowery niche -- Votes: 0
4) Map a haunted house. -- Custom content prohibitive -- Votes: 0
6) Remake Black mesa's lab/ intro area to hl1. -- Votes: 0
7) Remake any part from half life one, but better of course! -- We've sort-of done this, but if you guys want it again I wont judge. -- Votes: 0
8) Psycadelic adventure. Hallucinations and a "magical" adventure. -- Custom content might be an issue, and it would be harder to pull off in source -- Votes: 0
9) Make a map that has different music for each area influencing each. -- Votes: 0
10) Design a cliff side home. -- A well rounded cliff-scape could be difficult in goldsource -- Votes: 1
11) Make an abstract map/place. -- Votes: 0
12) Map a secret/ secret place. -- Votes: 4
14) Map a dance club. -- A little cheesy methinks -- Votes: 0
15) Map a trap. -- Votes: 0
16) Map a Dynamic Environment -- Interesting, but could be a bit source/goldsource segregated. -- Votes: 1
17) Map an old, decayed environment. -- Votes: 0
18) Map a nightmare. -- Its quite possible every map could use the same set of textures. Depends on your definition of nightmare. -- Votes: 0
19) Map SCIENCE! -- Votes: 3
20) Map an alien abduction -- Votes: 0
21) Map a cartoon. -- Might be difficult depending on how photo-realistic the cartoon is/custom content prohibitive -- Votes: 0
22) Map a TV show. -- Votes: 0
23) Map something "watery". -- Votes: 1
24) Map a wasteland. -- Votes: 0
25) Map a Temple. -- Votes: 1
26) Map a Dream. -- Votes: 8