Update:HERE.Download the mod template
Starting now and going through until the end of February 2020.
1. Every member must work from the base map. Stick within the room space - 1024x1024x224.
2. You can carve into the walls, floor and ceiling, add balconies, windows, lighting insets... whatever you please, as long as the player stays within the room space and nothing extends too obviously into where someone else's room will be above or below.
3. We're descending the tower this time, but that shouldn't make any difference to how the map is navigated (see the base map).
4. Make it as easy or difficult as you like, you don't even need much gameplay, just some reason to enter the room before moving downstairs. It could be as simple as pushing a button to open a door out in the hall.
5. Custom content of all kinds welcome (textures, models, sounds), please just prefix things with the the first three letters of your name (e.g. str_potplant.mdl). I'll merge all the textures into a single WAD before release to keep things neat and tidy.
6. If you're using third party content (with permission) please include a text file with the appropriate credits, otherwise no stealing, obviously!
7. You can change the hall as much as you please to suit your idea. Add another door, move the existing door down the hall, add lasers, Snorlax, anything that doesn't greatly alter the shape of the hall. Just make sure you pass through the purple weapon stripper at the end, where a level change will occur.
8. There's a light_environment and an info_texlights included in the space outside the stairwell window. Please don't alter the environment light (or the skybox), it's facing south into your room if you want to add windows. Add whatever you need to the info texlights.
9. Final compile will be done with Vluzacn's ZHLT v34, and the -full vis and -extra light parameters. if you're using any specific compile commands, let me know.
10. Don't do anything Half-Life wouldn't do. By that I mean no porn or sweary tirades, this is a community project. I don't expect any problems, just keep it M, not R.
11. New this year is a collectible Half-Life CD included in the base map. Hide it somewhere in your floor, if players find them all something cool might happen in the last map. If you don't want to put it in your room that's fine, just leave it out in the hall. 12. Have fun!
The rules are essentially the same as last year, so check that thread if you need more info.
Please let me know if I've missed something, or messed something up, I'm rusty with Goldsource.