de_kobbl by Admer456
Version 22.214.171.124 (8th July 2017)
Welcome to Kobbletown, yet another war zone caused by terrorists attacking the local population. Counter-terrorists initiated a counter-strike on this part of the town where they found a weapon supply meant for the terrorists.
The terrorists have no other option than to destroy the weapons.
Finally, after January, and May and June of development, I'm happy to release this map.
Its layout is based on de_cbble and de_forge, while the aesthetics are from de_storm.
There are 4 versions at the moment:
In the future, I'll release:
fun_kobbl and fun_kobbl_day.
The GSU version is basically a slightly low-poly version of the map (I get 6 more fps in it, yay, from 10 to 16fps. :D) and it has less breakable stuff.
Also, GSU, if you're wondering, GSU is a clan: Gamers Stand United. They requested me to make the map (so I made 4, lol).
Enjoy the maps!
P.S. The layout, even though a bit unusual, works relatively well.
Extra screenshots: Version 126.96.36.199 changes: (8. 7. 2017)
- Altered the rotation of another trash can top texture to match the lights
- Updated the overviews
- Added 2 brushes to fill a very small space which I accidentally left unfilled at the bridge-house (they hadn't caused any leaks before, by the way)
Version 1.0.2 changes: (7. 7. 2017)
- Improved the terrain near the T spawn
- Fixed a few trash cans' texture orientations to match the lighting
- Hanged 3 photos on the walls of the bridge-house
- Added a piece of furniture
- Added 3 consequences of terror, which contribute to the map's immersion in its story
- Tweaked the lighting a little bit
- Removed the rusty wires from the concrete crumbles and the hole in the wall
- Added some rocks there and there :3
- Added a wash basin with a faucet (whatever those 2 things are called)
- Apparently, fixed the broken T spawn
- Made the broken pole spark only if you're standing on it - makes a nice effect, too!
- Increased the download's size by 736KB = 0.71MB
Version 1.0.1 changes: (26. 6. 2017)
- Fixed the SV_StartSound: 2550 error (Steam CS players won't notice much of a difference since the problem only affected the console on that, but non-Steam players will be able to play the map now)
- Added collision for the dropped weapons on some crates, so that they don't get stuck there
- Removed 1 grass sprite which I didn't notice earlier, freeing up AllocBlock.