. The theme I'm getting at here is water
The Whole Splash Life
The theme of this mini competition is water. Crystal clear, life giving water. Or maybe murky, poopy water of doom. If it's wet, it works. You must make a map where water plays a significant part. Perhaps you drop the player into a partially flooded facility? Maybe they need to fill an area with water themselves in order to solve a puzzle? Maybe they need to drain a toxic swamp in order to reach their goal? It's up to you.
- Your entry must run without fail
- Custom assets may be included, but must not overwrite vanilla content. Use a mini-mod format if it helps.
- Custom content not created yourself must be properly credited in a readme.txt file
- Plan accordingly. You have six weeks for this competition, which is not a lot of time. Consider fleshing out, detailing and of course testing
- Multiplayer entries are permitted, but singleplayer maps are significantly easier to judge when playing, and will therefore have the edge
- Entries will be judged based on their consistency with the theme. Don't spend weeks obsessing over custom assets as they will have no bearing on the result.
Entries close on August 12th
. Good luck!
Post any questions, comments, or screen shots to the official forum thread.
Summer is upon us and the heat is rising (for the normals who live in the northern hemisphere at least…). What better time to dive into the pool? Or maybe a lake or river? How about a sewer? ...Maybe...