The Buddy System
is a procedure in which two individuals, the "buddies", operate together as a single unit so that they are able to monitor and help each other.
The Buddy System
The theme for this competition coordination with an NPC or some other entity to progress through a map or series of maps. As such, the focus is singleplayer this time around. Don't assume that means you need include puzzles, combat or a combination of the two. All your map really needs in order to contend is an obstacle or series of obstacles that can be overcome with some form of assistance. If you want to get really ambitious, why not have it so that YOU occasionally have to help out your buddy instead. Maybe your buddy isn't a buddy at all, but an NPC you need to trick into helping you. Maybe your "buddy" is just a nice, hefty crate? The possibilities are numerous.
- Your entry must run without fail
- Custom assets may be included, but must not overwrite vanilla content. Use a mini-mod format if it helps.
- Custom content not created yourself must be properly credited in a readme.txt file
- Plan accordingly. You have eight weeks for this competition, which is not a lot of time. Consider the time you will need for fleshing out, detailing and of course testing
- Singleplayer only this time please. I am aware that the theme would work well with Sven Coop, but the goal is to utilise an NPC or some other element to help the player and vice versa.
- Entries will be judged based on their consistency with the theme. Don't spend weeks obsessing over custom assets and fine details as they will have no bearing on the result.
Entries close on June 1st
and the entries will be judged by the community for one week! Good luck!
(This could be extended depending on how badly people need it and how quickly we can put the planet back together...)
Post any questions, comments, or screen shots to the official forum thread.