You may also remember TWHL Tower, a collaboration project which I also headed up back in February 2015 and released a year later.
Both of these have their pros and cons and I was just curious as to what people would be interested in seeing more of in the future. Would you want to see more quickfire themed competitions which can be hammered out within a month or are you on board for more collaborations, ultimately much longer in development but releasing in a much more polished format and more easily shared with other mod sites?
- Shorter development times
- Freedom of choice for engine and base game
- Single, multiplayer or coop
- Little expectation for plot
- Potential prizes!
- Limited time for testing and polish
- Entries will be lost in time (like tears in rain?) after the voting period is over
- Plenty of time to developer and polish your contribution
- Testing and feedback from everyone involved in the collab
- A full mod/map pack release, shared across multiple sites and communities
- Overall plot can mean a stricter focus on consistency.
- Limited to a single engine or base game
- Singeplayer only (a pro in my eyes, but not everyone is experienced with SP mapping)
- Internal debates regarding plot, theme and individual entries
You may prefer the simple and more rapid fire nature of the mini competitions, and that's fine too. As I said, I'm just curious.