[ Fake 2D Skyboxes as Studio Models for All Goldsrc Games! ]
Models were created in Blender
. Maps and Prefabs were created in Valve Hammer Editor 3.5
using the Advanced Half-Life FGD
[>>] General Descriptions:
With 2D Skybox models, high quality skies can be added up to 1024x1024
resolution texture quality and can be manipulated by the mapper using entities.
Alternative types such as "No Down
" and "Top Half
" are available. You can change the textures of the 2D Skybox model that comes with the archive with any model viewer program.
[>>] Important Notes:
- When dividing 1024x1024 resolution textures for 1024x1024 skyboxes, create a 512x512 selection area and move it 1 pixel diagonally from the edge of the main image. (The move direction should be towards the center of the main image.) Repeat this process for all 4 pieces. (Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right) Applying this method will ensure that the seams caused by
texture filtering don't occur at the intersections of the textures of each face.
[ /!\ Please carefully follow the important information contained in the images, the "Read Me" file and the Prefab structure. /!\ ]
- Used the env_sprite_model entity from Advanced Half-Life FGD in prefab. Advanced Half-Life FGD is required at this point.
- Requires VHLT compiler tools, won't work on ZHLT.
- For those using Valve Hammer Editor 3.5, load the registry file included in the archive to enable viewing the Skybox models in 3D viewport.
[>>] Archive Content:
[ Fake 2D Skybox Model ]
( It is highly
recommended to read before using the Prefab. )
- Render and Submission images.
- [ EXTRA ] Hammer Much More Extended Clipping Plane.reg
( Modifiable registry file. )
- Fake 2D Skybox Preview Map (Recommended to Play)
( The required models are in the "Models
" folder. )
( Prefab File used by Valve Hammer Editor
( A RMF file so that the prefab can be used in other level editing programs. )
( Also the requirements for the preview map. )
- Skybox Model Source Files (Compressed)
( Compilable source files. )
[>>] Softwares Used:
Softwares that have been used to create the models and other resource files:
Creating both 1024x1024
2D Skybox Models. ]
Creating template textures for "2DSkyBox
" model. ]
Creating the Preview map and Prefab. ]