This entity allows you to create a controllable or automatic gun turret.
- Name (targetname) - Property used to identify entities.
- Target (target) - When an entity is activated, it triggers the entity with the name specified by Target.
- Render FX (renderfx) - Gives objects special render effects. Think of it as modifying whatever the Render Mode puts out. The options are as follows:
[li]0 = Normal
- 1 = Slow Pulse
- 2 = Fast Pulse
- 3 = Slow Wide Pulse
- 4 = Fast Wide Pulse
- 5 = Slow Fade Away
- 6 = Fast Fade Away
- 7 = Slow Become Solid
- 8 = Fast Become Solid
- 9 = Slow Strobe
- 10 = Fast Strobe
- 11 = Faster Strobe
- 12 = Slow Flicker
- 13 = Fast Flicker
- 14 = Constant Glow
- 15 = Distort
- 16 = Hologram (Distort and Fade)[/li]
[li]Render Mode (rendermode) - Controls the type of rendering that is used for an object. Options are:
- 0 = Normal
- 1 = Color
- 2 = Texture
- 3 = Glow
- 4 = Solid
- 5 = Additive[/li]
[li]Pitch Yaw Roll (angles) - Sets the pitch (up / down), yaw (left / right) and roll (bank) respectively. The compass in WorldCraft / Hammer corresponds to Yaw. The settings are not always (or not all) used.[/li]
[li]FX Amount (renderamt)[/li]
[li]FX Color (rendercolor)[/li]
[li]Global Entity Name (globalname)[/li]
[li]Yaw rate (yawrate) - The speed of the left/right movement of the gun.[/li]
[li]Yaw range (yawrange) - Range of left/right movement in degrees.[/li]
[li]Yaw tolerance (yawtolerance)[/li]
[li]Pitch rate (pitchrate) - The speed of the up/down movement of the gun.[/li]
[li]Pitch range (pitchrange) - Range of up/down movement in degrees.[/li]
[li]Barrel Length (barrel) - The distance from the center of the origin brush to the tip of the barrel.[/li]
[li]Barrel Horizontal (barrely) - Horizontal distance from the center of the origin brush to the center of the Barrel.[/li]
[li]Barrel Vertical (barrelz) - Vertical distance from the center of the origin brush to the center of the Barrel.[/li]
[li]Smoke Sprite (spritesmoke) - The sprite that will be shown at the end of the barrel when the gun is fired.[/li]
[li]Flash Sprite (spriteflash) - The sprite that will be shown at the end of the barrel when the gun is fired.[/li]
[li]Sprite Scale (spritescale) - Scale of the sprites that appear at the end of the barrel. 1 is normal, 0.5 is half, etc.[/li]
[li]Rotate Sound (rotatesound)[/li]
[li]Rate of Fire (firerate) - Number of bullets fired per second.[/li]
[li]Damage per Bullet (bullet_damage) - Default is 0, so if you want it to kill things you must enter something.[/li]
[li]Firing Persistance (persistance) - Used by non-player-controlled guns to determine for how long the gun carries on firing after the player has left its range.[/li]
[li]Bullet accuracy (firespread) - How accurate the gun is. Values:
- 0 = perfect shot
- 1 = small cone
- 2 = medium cone
- 3 = large cone
- 4 = extra-large cone[/li]
[li]Minimum target range (minRange) - Minimum range the target can be at for a non-player-controlled gun to fire.[/li]
[li]Maximum target range (maxRange) - Maximum range the target can be at for a non-player-controlled gun to fire.[/li]
[li]Minimum light level (_minlight)[/li]
[li]ZHLT Lightflags (zhlt_lightflags)[/li]
[li]Light Origin Target (light_origin)[/li]
[li]Bullets (bullet) - Projectile type:
- 0 = none
- 1 = 9mm
- 2 = MP5
- 3 = 12mm[/li]
- Active (1) - If enabled, the gun will be active when the map loads. If not enabled, the gun will need to be triggered to work (if non-player-controlled).
- Only direct (16) - Gun will only fire if the target is in direct line of sight.
- Controllable (32) - If enabled, the gun can be controlled by the player through a func_tankcontrols entity.
- The func_tank needs to be created facing 0 degrees (to the right in the top (x/y) view). The angle that the weapon faces in-game can be controlled with the compass (Yaw).
- Targeting an ambient_generic (with its Not Toggled and Start Silent flags enabled) allows you to give the gun a sound.
- You can also target an env_shooter to shoot out spent shells!