The TWHL Tower
A singleplayer mod for the Goldsource engine.
1. Every member must work from the base map.
2. Aside from the stairwell, the player should only be able to move within the 1024 x 1024 x 160 unit space provided. The challenge is to use the limited space to make something interesting / enjoyable.
3. You can add windows on the external wall, however this area should not be accessible by the player and should not exceed more than 128 units away from the outer wall. It must also fit the tower theme. (see point 9)
3. You can cut into the floor and ceiling for detailing purposes but within reason. Bottomless pits wouldn't really work. (see point 9)
4. Feel free to include custom textures, but prefix them with the first three letters of your username (e.g. "urb-wall1"). These will all be merged into a single WAD before release.
5. Feel free to include custom models for props, again prefixing the filename with your username.
6. If you use third party content, you MUST include a text file with credits to the author in your submission. Any textures / model credits not accounted for WILL be removed or replaced.
7. Feel free to make things as easy or as tricky as you like. The player will be stripped of their weapons and given a chance to replenish their health on each floor.
8. The goal of each floor is to open up the access door to the next floor. This can be a simple button, a key puzzle, or something more elaborate.
9. The entire mod will be based on ascending a tower. Therefore, in the final compile, the exterior sky boxes will all be set to a night time city theme and environment lighting will be included as such. Every floor must have a name and will include your name as the administrator. These details will be included on a plaque outside each members room, as well as on an index board in the lobby.
The Mighty Atom
I will be doing the final compile on all maps using Vluzacn's 2014 tools. I will also be compiling vrad with the lights.rad file so take care not to use entity lighting where it's not needed.
Mod file with base map, .wad file (which you WILL need) and Vluzacn's 2014 tools should you need them can be gotted HERE!
Any questions should go in this thread and all submissions should be sent to email@example.com
(original post follows - mod)
I'm thinking of putting together a small project in Gold source, called The TWHL Tower. Every floor of this tower will be mapped by a different person. The floors would be separated by a stairwell, the door accessing the next floor will be locked and the key is somewhere on that floor. Player will be stripped of all weapons and given health top ups on each floor, essentially being given a clean slate to tackle each mappers challenge.
I'll lay out some rules if enough people express interest in taking part. This is by no means a huge project as everyone will be bound to one floor and some set dimensions.