- Add null check to bullsquid spit attack animation event to prevent crash if enemy pointer is cleared between animation start and animation event occurrence (halflife issue #2834)
- Fix crash when switching back to last item when item was removed (halflife issue #1815)
- Add call to TabulateAmmo (halflife issue #1707)
- Change CRpgRocket m_pLauncher to EHANDLE (halflife issue #1719)
- Use fps-independent frametime for NPC pitch & yaw adjustments (halflife issue #2458)
- Fix chainsaw crowbar effect when hitting corpse (halflife issue #2590)
- Fix server not staying in sync with client when handling weapon attack times (halflife issue #1621)
- Fix m_rawinput 1 getting mouse stuck in box (halflife issue #1377)
- Fix shotgun pump sound not playing when holding down attack or when shooting last shell (halflife issue #617)
I've also looked into the well known bug where turning on raw mouse input in a mod causes the mouse to get stuck in a box, which prevents you from looking around. Turns out it's happening because the engine can't tell that the mod is using SDL's raw input, so it doesn't turn on required functionality. Once the engine recognizes that it does (i tricked it into recognizing it using a hack that isn't usable for actual mods) it works perfectly.
More information here: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife/issues/1377#issuecomment-759627720
As soon as someone at Valve can get around to implementing the fix and updating the SDK to include the required new API the fix can be merged in, and anyone making mods can integrate it to opt in to the correct behavior.
You can find the Updated source code here: https://github.com/Solokiller/halflife-updated
And the CMake version here: https://github.com/Solokiller/halflife-updated-cmake
The old thread about this lists other changes: https://twhl.info/thread/view/19592
An unlisted change is that this also supports VS2019 out of the box.