This entity lets you create a rotating object.
- Name (targetname) - Property used to identify entities.
- Render FX (renderfx) - Gives objects special render effects. Think of it as modifying whatever the Render Mode puts out. The options are as follows:
[li]0 = Normal
- 1 = Slow Pulse
- 2 = Fast Pulse
- 3 = Slow Wide Pulse
- 4 = Fast Wide Pulse
- 5 = Slow Fade Away
- 6 = Fast Fade Away
- 7 = Slow Become Solid
- 8 = Fast Become Solid
- 9 = Slow Strobe
- 10 = Fast Strobe
- 11 = Faster Strobe
- 12 = Slow Flicker
- 13 = Fast Flicker
- 14 = Constant Glow
- 15 = Distort
- 16 = Hologram (Distort and Fade)[/li]
[li]Render Mode (rendermode) - Controls the type of rendering that is used for an object. Options are:
- 0 = Normal
- 1 = Color
- 2 = Texture
- 3 = Glow
- 4 = Solid
- 5 = Additive[/li]
[li]Pitch Yaw Roll (angles) - Sets the pitch (up / down), yaw (left / right) and roll (bank) respectively. The compass in WorldCraft / Hammer corresponds to Yaw. The settings are not always (or not all) used.[/li]
[li]Global Entity name (globalname)[/li]
[li]FX Amount (renderamt)[/li]
[li]FX Color (rendercolor)[/li]
[li]ZHLT Lightflags (zhlt_lightflags)[/li]
[li]Light Origin Target (light_origin)[/li]
[li]Rotation Speed (speed) - This is the maximum speed the rotating object will acheive.[/li]
[li]Volume (volume) - Sound volume from 0 to 10 (10 loudest).[/li]
[li]Friction (fanfriction) - If the Acc/Dcc flag is enabled, this value determines the time it takes to reach full speed or to stop after being triggered.[/li]
[li]Fan Sounds (sounds) - The sound to make while moving. Values:
0 = no sound
1 = fast whine
2 = slow rush
3 = medium rickety
4 = fast beating
5 = slow smooth[/li]
[li]WAV Name (message) - The path / filename of a custom movement sound to be played (overrides Fan Sounds).[/li]
[li]_minlight (_minlight) - Minimum light level.[/li]
[li]X Y Z - Move here after lighting (spawnorigin)[/li]
[li]Damage inflicted when blocked (dmg) - If the player blocks the entity's movement, this amount of damage will be dealt.[/li]
- Start On (1)
- Reverse Direction (2) - Set this flag to make the brush turn in the opposite direction.
- X axis (4) - If enabled, the rotation will be in the X axis.
- Y axis (8) - If enabled, the rotation will be in the Y axis.
- Acc/Dcc (16) - If enabled, the entity will accelerate and decelerate from maximum speed based on the Friction property.
- Fan Pain (32) - With this enabled, the player will be hurt when coming into contact with the brush.
- Not Solid (64)
- Small Radius (128) - Sets sound range to low.
- Medium Radius (256) - Sets sound range to medium.
- Large Radius (512) - Sets sound range to high.
- Often used to create fans.
- An origin brush needs to be part of the entity to specify its axis of rotation.