A singleplayer mod for the Goldsource engine.
Plot (relevant to the intro and outro, but may be referenced in your entry)
The TWHL Science team has opened a series of portals in the â€˜interest of science.â€™ This has had unforeseen ramifications when one such portal opened into a hostile world, allowing hostile aliens to spread throughout multiple dimensions.
The player, an unnamed TWHL agent (possibly the veteran from the â€˜Tower incidentâ€™) is called upon to resolve the issue. Using a modified suit of combat armour, they will travel through the portal, and stop the spread of hostile life. An algorithm programmed into the suitâ€™s onboard computer will seal the portals behind the agent as they pass through them.
Based on the landslide results of the vote in the previous thread, this mod will use the Vanilla Half-Life code. No Spirit.
1. Every map must start and end in a TWHL airlock (to be provided), the player facing eastwards (0 degrees)
2. The player must only be able to move/play on surfaces within a 1024 unit cube, including the topmost brush. You do not NEED to fill this space. You can also build beyond this for the sake of scenery, but the player must not be able to access it, or must be punished for doing so. Note: The airlock can be attached outside of this space.
3. The theme is pockets of reality, hopping between dimensions. Therefore, the theme is totally up to you.
4. Feel free to include custom textures, but prefix them with the first three letters of your username (e.g. "urb-wall1"). These will all be merged into a single WAD before release.
5. Feel free to include custom models for props/characters, again prefixing the filename with your username (e.g."urb-scientist.mdl").
6. If you use third party content, you MUST include a text file with your entry, containing credits to the authors. Any content not accounted for WILL be removed or replaced.
7. Feel free to make things as easy or as tricky as you like. The player will be stripped of their weapons and given a chance to replenish their health in the airlock. Note: This means that the long-jump module is not allowed as it cannot be stripped and could affect the gameplay in maps following your own.
8. Because each map will be a different reality, you MUST name it. Your TWHL username will be listed with it as the 'Discoverer.'
Dr.Orange - Submitted
MistaX88 - Submitted
NineTnine - Submitted
Victor-933 - Submitted
I'm going to say that the deadline for the first version of this for playtesting will be October 22nd. This will not be moved again as I have a week off in October, which would be ideal for spending time on getting things stitched together.
After testing, people would get a chance to make changes and adjustments to their maps before a final version is put together, tested and released.
The base files for the mod can be downloaded here! (Updated: 26.07.17)
Yes. The Core. It will continue to be my primary project. I will manage TWHL Pockets, and will likely throw in my own map (as well the intro and outro, obv), but I will not be spending a lot of my own time on this one.
Sooo, who is in?