This entity allows you to create a player-controllable train / platform etc. that follows a path.
- Name (targetname) - Property used to identify entities.
- Render FX (renderfx) - Gives objects special render effects. Think of it as modifying whatever the Render Mode puts out. The options are as follows:
[li]0 = Normal
- 1 = Slow Pulse
- 2 = Fast Pulse
- 3 = Slow Wide Pulse
- 4 = Fast Wide Pulse
- 5 = Slow Fade Away
- 6 = Fast Fade Away
- 7 = Slow Become Solid
- 8 = Fast Become Solid
- 9 = Slow Strobe
- 10 = Fast Strobe
- 11 = Faster Strobe
- 12 = Slow Flicker
- 13 = Fast Flicker
- 14 = Constant Glow
- 15 = Distort
- 16 = Hologram (Distort and Fade)[/li]
[li]Render Mode (rendermode) - Controls the type of rendering that is used for an object. Options are:
- 0 = Normal
- 1 = Color
- 2 = Texture
- 3 = Glow
- 4 = Solid
- 5 = Additive[/li]
[li]Global Entity Name (globalname) - If your trian is going to cross level transitions, it'll need a global name.[/li]
[li]FX Amount (renderamt)[/li]
[li]FX Color (rendercolor)[/li]
[li]ZHLT Lightflags (zhlt_lightflags)[/li]
[li]Light Origin Target (light_origin)[/li]
[li]First stop Target (target) - The name of the path_track to start at.[/li]
[li]Sound (sounds) - Values:
0 = none
1 = rail 1
2 = rail 2
3 = rail 3
4 = rail 4
5 = rail 6
6 = rail 7[/li]
[li]Distance between the wheels (wheels) - This determines how the train behaves when turning corners. Generally the length of the object works here.[/li]
[li]Height above track (height) - This is the height above the path_track that the train will ride, based on the location of the train's origin brush.[/li]
[li]Initial Speed (startspeed) - The speed the train starts at, until overridden by player control or path_track settings.[/li]
[li]Speed (speed) - The maximum speed the player can make a controllable train go in units/second.[/li]
[li]Damage on crush (dmg) - If train movement is blocked by the player, deal out this much damage.[/li]
[li]Volume (volume) - Range: 0 - 10.[/li]
[li]Bank angle on turns (bank) - This is the angle the train will tilt when cornering.[/li]
[li]Minimum Light Level (_minlight)[/li]
- No pitch(X-rot) (1) - Enabling this will make the train rotate on the Z axis only (yaw - left and right)
- No User Control (2) - Removes the player's ability to control the train (free ride to death?... yeah!)
- Passable (8) - Makes train non-solid.
- When you create the brush model it must face west (90 degrees - to the left in the top view). When it spawns in the game it will automatically move to the first path_track and orientate itself to face the second path_track.
- func_traincontrol entities allow the player to control the train. They are not part of the func_tracktrain and their placement only determines the area of use. They will automatically stay in that area relative to the train as it moves.
- An origin brush needs to be part of the entity to specify its axes.
- This is one of the few entities that can have 'clip' brushes as part of itself, which prevent player movement (i.e. to stop the player falling off the sides).