Woah, I love those screenshots.
One of the screenshots does indeed look like Uplink. Now, it's been a while after I posted those screenshots up there. After some technical problems, I eventually got these hands to work. The Old Bridge in Mostar.
It's going to be in the intro, basically. (no, it won't get destroyed xd) Missing slide lock mechanism, magazine and trigger are unfinished. But it's all fine for now.
It works in-game, even: I'll likely fully finish the model after the competition. I don't have time for smaller details right now. :/ The Zastava M70. Not an AK-47, but it's pretty much based off the design. I'm pretty much making the "as-is-poly" model and throwing it into the game, just as it is. No high-poly-to-low-poly workflows, none of that stuff. I don't quite have the time to get used to that right now, so I paint my bump maps manually.
(well, all the other maps as well; never used stuff like Substance Painter)
The to-do list is pretty broad, but actually a tiny bit smaller than the "have-done" list, comparing the number of lines:
- make textures for the M70
- rig and animate M70’s viewmodel
- import M70 into the game and write a script
- convert soldier models from Battlefield Balkan, rig and animate
- write NPC scripts
- make a bunch of textures from existing photos, reuse older textures
- make materials for bullet holes, blood, and particle effects for gun smoke, explosions and whatnot (20%)
- make map 1
- make map 2
- make map 3
- make map 4
- make map 5
- make credits
- make music?
- make a full main menu UI
- make a HUD
- submit the game (15th May) - development deadline
- make a trailer and a presentation
- present the game (23rd May)
In a matter of 3 weeks, I did more than I'd do within 3 months. So I realised, deadlines make me run really fast.